Sunday, October 23, 2011

I Still Don't Know What I Want My Paper To Be About

This post is four days late, and I still have no idea what topic I want to use for the multigenre paper. Maybe I should write about helping students deal with writer's block. But I feel like that would be a very limited topic (not a lot to say).


From Tom Romano's Blending Genre, Altering Style: Writing Multigenre Papers (2000):
A multigenre paper arises from research, experience, and imagination. It is not an uninterrupted, expository monolog nor a seamless narrative nor a collection of poems. A multigenre paper is composed of many genres and subgenres, each piece self-contained, making a point of its own, yet connected by theme or topic and sometimes by language, images and content. In addition to many genres, a multigenre paper may also contain many voices, not just the author's. The trick is to make such a paper hang together. (x-xi)

1 comment:

  1. Well, why not start by thinking/listing some ideas that might be interesting to pursue----
    you've talked about using fiction/short story writing in the past....
    What else? Anything from O'Connor? Questions of using/not using poetry?
    freewriting? journaling?

    ReplyDelete